After speaking with Ian Harvey, Leader of Spelthorne Council here is one of his replies sent on the 16th March 2018:
Dear Mr McIlroy
Thank you for your introduction.
…I trust that you have seen our press release following our response to the Heathrow consultation, where I call for the inclusion of all Stanwell Moor (and much of Stanwell) to be included in the Wider Property Offer Zone.
Overall the 10 requests we are making of Heathrow as are follows:
1. The Wider Property Offer Zone (WPOZ) to be expanded to cover the whole of Stanwell Moor and large parts of Stanwell
2. Parking controls to be put in place in Stanwell Moor and large parts of Stanwell and provide an on-airport taxi/private hire facility
3. HAL to provide an enhanced multi-purpose community hall for Stanwell Moor and Stanwell Village and a new leisure facility in the locality
4. No Immigration Removal Centres in the borough
5. Surface access/public transport measures including to support the light rail scheme being promoted by Spelthorne, new bus routes into Heathrow, support for Spelthorne to be included in Oyster Card zone 6, provide means to minimise vehicle movements, HAL to ensure site and traffic management during construction and cover the cost of any enforcement
6. Air quality must be no worse for residents than it is now but there should be measures to ensure continuous improvement
7. Noise experienced by residents must be no worse than it is now but there should be measures to ensure continuous improvement
8. No changes to the borough boundary
9. Night flights should be banned. Spelthorne supports reducing the number of people overflown by aircraft but more information is needed about what this means for residents
10. Staines Moor should remain undisturbed. Work to redirect the River Colne must not alter the flow or character of the river on the moor
As we do not a have a veto over any expansion approval these are requests and negotiation points rather than “demands”. I believe the best way to achieve the maximum benefit / best outcome for Stanwell and indeed all of Spelthorne is by positive engagement and constructive dialogue with HAL and to than end I and my CX will be meeting board level representatives of HAL in the next few days to continue our current engagement.
I trust this helps you understand that very significant work we are doing to achieve he best outcome for our residents.
Cllr Ian T E Harvey
Leader, Spelthorne Borough Council
“Spelthorne Means Business”Autem excepteur quisque torquent dignissimos ullamco. Voluptatem integer accusamus in, eaque veniam? Tempus. Rutrum. Eget eos pellentesque consequuntur, nec amet? Cursus mattis sapien donec. Justo ad tempor, nullam pede fermentum lorem dolorum? Pretium, impedit lacinia libero nesciunt optio conubia elit! Diam mattis, convallis molestias vitae.
Neque alias mollis similique ea dictumst placeat corporis iste, pellentesque, fringilla atque? Adipisci autem adipisci doloremque sollicitudin officia phasellus nostrum, cras excepturi, laoreet numquam unde inventore iaculis do placeat ea sapien dignissimos irure veniam voluptatibus ultricies, lorem vulputate nec nunc, ac odit imperdie